TRAC traditionally offers several bursaries to attend its annual conference. For TRAC 2017 bursaries are kindly provided by The Roman Society and Barbican Research Associates. TRAC prides itself on its role in widening participation in Roman Archaeology and these bursaries play an important role, as such they will be awarded primarily to those who would struggle to attend without additional funds. TRAC Bursaries will usually consist of a contribution of c. £80-100. They should be used towards any of the following costs:
- Delegate registration fees (including conference events/dinners).
- Travel to/from the conference.
- Childcare or accommodation/travel of care giver.
- Any other costs which might otherwise prohibit your attendance.
If you wish to apply for a TRAC bursary, please fill in and submit the web-form available here. If for any reason you are unable to fill out the form, please e-mail the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to those not currently in academic employment or without PhD funding. However, bursaries are available to anyone attending the conference regardless of employment sector/educational status. We would also recommend that delegates apply to additional sources of funding for the event.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Affiliation (If applicable).
- Course (if a student).
- Postal Address.
- Title of your paper/poster and the session in which it will be presented (if applicable)
- Case for financial hardship and an explanation of how the bursary would be spent (max. 500 words)
After the event each recipient will be required to write a paragraph detailing the usefulness of the conference and bursary, and an outline of how the funds were spent. Delegates must also write to thank the organisation which funded your award, as without them these bursaries would not be possible. Successful applicants will be awarded funds from one of the following appropriate bursary types:
These bursaries are for anyone attending the conference but preference may be given to any delegate to whom the following applies:
- Are presenting a paper/poster at the conference.
- Are an international student (at a non UK university) and are travelling to the conference from outside the United Kingdom.
Barbican Research Associates Bursaries
These bursaries are designed to support current postgraduate students from UK universities to present a paper/poster at the conference.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th of February 2017
Bursaries will be paid to successful applicants in the UK by cheque, and to overseas applicants by bank transfer. This is usually processed following the conference once receipts for relevant expenses have been provided, but we can also process this before the conference if all expenses claimed for have been paid out and receipts retained.