**The TRAC Bursary Scheme is currently closed. Please check back for details on how to apply for TRAC 2022.**
TRAC prides itself on widening participation and promoting inclusivity in Roman Archaeology and traditionally offers bursaries for delegates to attend the annual conference. For TRAC 2020 bursaries are kindly provided by The Roman Society and Barbican Research Associates. TRAC bursaries are available to anyone attending the conference regardless of employment sector/educational status; however, preference will be given to those not currently in academic employment or without PhD funding. We would also recommend that delegates apply to additional sources of funding for the event.
The bursaries awarded should be used towards any of the following costs:
- Delegate registration fees (including conference events/dinners).
- Travel to/from the conference.
- Childcare or accommodation/travel of care giver.
- Any other costs which might otherwise prohibit your attendance.
If you wish to apply for a TRAC bursary, please fill in and submit the web-form available here. If for any reason you are unable to fill out the form, please e-mail the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Affiliation (If applicable)
- Course (if a student)
- Postal Address
- Title of your paper/poster and the session in which it will be presented (if applicable)
- Case for financial hardship and an explanation of how the bursary would be spent (max. 500 words)
After the event each recipient will be required to write a paragraph detailing the usefulness of the conference and bursary, and an outline of how the funds were spent. Delegates must also write to thank the organisation which funded your award, as without them these bursaries would not be possible. Successful applicants will be awarded funds from one of the following appropriate bursary types:
*Please note that you may only apply for a TRAC or RAC Roman Society bursary, not both.
These £100 bursaries are for anyone attending the conference but preference may be given to any delegate to whom the following applies:
- Are presenting a paper/poster at TRAC.
- Are an international student (at a non UK university).
- Have no access to alternative conference funding.
Barbican Research Associates Bursaries
These £80 bursaries are designed to support current postgraduate students from UK universities that are presenting a paper/poster at RAC/TRAC. Bursary funds may only be used to contribute to travel and accommodation costs.
- Are presenting a paper/poster at RAC/TRAC.
- Are a student at a UK university
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th January 2020. APPLY HERE
Bursaries will be paid to successful applicants in the UK by cheque, and to overseas applicants by bank transfer. This is usually processed following the conference once receipts for relevant expenses have been provided, but we can also process this before the conference if all expenses claimed for have been paid out and receipts retained.